Sunday, May 26, 2013

Storms



It's been a while, yet again.  I used to really enjoy blogging, that is until it became a huge contest to have the most professional website, win the most awards and look the most like a newspaper chock full of useful articles.  Whatever happened to just real and raw writing?  I have a few bloggy friends that do it, but it is rare.  So I've taken to writing things in a personal journal and, if the mood strikes. I'll still throw things up here once in a while.

So about a week ago Moore, OK (in the Oklahoma City metro area) was devastated (yet again) by an EF-5 tornado.  Moore is about two and a half hours away from us, but I have quite a bit of family and friends in that area, and have been out there countless times.  I was just there less than a year ago and will actually be going back two months from now.  It was a horrible tragedy that everyone has heard plenty about by now, but something about that storm has awakened something in me.  It sort of activated or awakened a long sleeping Goddess archetype within... that being Artemis.  Through this experience I realize I've been repressing some issues waaaaaaay down.  But that being the case it will be a long time before I can really address them (much less work through them).  On the outside things are going well, the kids are healthy, the family is blessed, and so for now I just sigh and hold up the umbrella to ward off the storm within.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Artemis is such a powerful Goddess archetype! Wishing you all the best as you constellate her energies.

    ReplyDelete