Thursday, January 3, 2013

On Forward I Journey...


It's a new year!  Every new year leaves me feeling renewed with excitement.  Even if the year before was as crappy as could be just the promise of a new slate is an instant hope booster.

Right now things are still not at best potential.  My husband ("The Family Guy") is still out of a job (going on four months now).  Family Guy is not, and has never been, lazy.  He's been searching and has been on countless interviews but no luck for us yet.  Also I am still feeling terribly conflicted in my spiritual life as I am still going to an evangelical church weekly that I absolutely love (and most of you know that I've always woven bits of Christianity and Jesus' teachings into my Pagan spirituality) but a Pagan soul I am to the core, and shall always be.  I love the church, it is definitely my husband's home, I believe it is a good spiritual base for the kids to start from, but this witch just isn't ready to trade in her broom.

Two immediate positives though... tomorrow is my oldest daughter Willow's (The Whoa) 8th birthday.  My goodness where has the time gone?  And my husband's job loss has given me the opportunity to go back full time to work, and in about a year and a half I will go up like a $4 an hour jump because of it. :-)  Being "The Chicken Goddess" was never my lifelong dream, but I do love my job and the benefits are pretty good.

So... new year, new blog.  Actually TWO new blogs.  This one, Wintermagick Musings, to log my regular mundane life with the magickal threaded within.  And my new baby project, Love Spirals Inwards, my inspired place of my journey of loving the soul I'm in and tapping into (and having a relationship with) the Spirit/The Divine.

For the first time I am doing that whole "word of the year" thing.  My word for 2013 was inspired by the Obama campaign slogan: "Forward".  Let's just get this out of the way right now, I have a bit of a crush on Barack Obama. ;-)

So on forward I journey.  I would love it if you join me!




post signature

5 comments:

  1. I wish you great luck at home, work and with your new blogging projects ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following yet again! ;-)

      Delete
  2. "Forward" is such a great word for 2013 -- wishing you and your family all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? Thanks for transitioning over here. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your word of the year and I'm glad you're embracing it with a great attitude.
    2013 is gonna freakin' rock.

    ReplyDelete