Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Some Rainy Morning

For the next couple of days in my area we are in for quite a rainstorm.  They say that we are expected to get about 4 inches of rainfall.  I think it has inspired me, as storms often seem to.  
So earlier today I took an hour power walk with the hubby and the boys, blogged, shopped, folded laundry, created a new MyFitnessPal account, figured out sensible meals, and is still about to go in for eight hours at work tonight. Who's kicked this day's butt by not sitting on hers? This chick!
I think I may be finally coming out on the other side of an eight month period of depression (speaking of butts I really let this kick mine last year).  
It's funny (and not ha ha so) because this morning when I just couldn't make myself wake up and get out of bed I told my husband in the bitchiest tone possible "I hate my life!" which I knew even in that moment was not true.  After being recharged from today I spent a moment in prayer reflecting on how I did not at all mean that.  Before that I realized it especially during the deep cleansing breaths I took during our morning walk as the morning air charged with the coming storm filled my essence, and as the laughter of our sons running on the path ahead filled our ears.
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I hope you later told your husband you'd changed your mind about hating your life! Glad your energy is returning!

    ReplyDelete